An ADSHARES-enabled monetization system for Metaverse wearables and avatars
ADSHARES protocol enables complete, end-to-end ad campaign management and tracking.
Our protocol enables direct and real-time ad settlement known from the RTB.
The protocol is accessed via an ad server, which serves as the interface with the protocol.
And all data is automatically registered on blockchain – transparently and widely available.
Our protocol has many potential use cases, some of them already implemented or being worked on:
- Creating custom ad networks
- Creating custom ad servers and private markets
- Enabling wallet-based user segmentation and targeting
- Integrating all digital advertising placements
- Tracking and monetization of social media engagement
- Data collection, effectiveness measurement and more
In this document, we’re outlining the issue of applying the Adshares protocol to digital onchain wearables.
At this point - the system is proposed for Decentraland, but in the future it could expand to other Avatar systems, like ReadyPlayerMe.
Digital Wearables – motivation
Online identities in the form of Avatars is bound to become the center of Metaverse economy. Users already spend billions of dollars on digital clothes, accessories, and utility.
In real life – consumers pay a premium to “become someone else’s advertising” by wearing their logo.
But what if users could get paid for wearing a digital promotional clothing and for actively helping to create wider adoption and stimulate traffic.
The possibility to earn cash for promoting events is a gig incentive, especially for new users, driving adoption and usage.
It enables advertisers to enhance their digital experiences and brand building efforts, by hiring “promotional hosts”
ADSHARES ad servers are primarily used to run advertising campaigns. Banners, video, and other clickable or non-clickable forms.
This project assumes creation of an automated system, where Advertisers could provide users with a limited collection of connected wearables.
These wearables would be then distributed via the Marketplace or direct wallet airdrops to “Hosts”.
Each wearable is connected to the ADSHARES protocol – and the user is rewarded automatically for any predefined interaction within Decentraland.
These wearables may include, but are not limited to:
- Promotional T-Shirts – think of “Visit the Fosterverse”
- Full-body skins – like the one in the above picture
- Accessories – like sings or neons in the above example
For a given, predefined “campaign period” – these wearables would automatically count interactions and transfer coins to the Host’s wallet.
Additional solutions will need to be implemented, such as:
- Module for data collection
- Module for interaction tracking – to eliminate potential abusers/ bots
- Automated hosts, i.e. NPC’s (already available in Decentraland)
- Exploration of the possibility of connecting a GLB object with:
- The ADSHARES protocol
- The current owner’s wallet
- Exploration of smart contracts
- To ensure that Advertiser may control the campaign timing
- Exploration of the distribution model
- Creating a bridge so that Users are rewarded in the native token
- Implementing the WETAaaS (wear-to-ear as a service) as a scalable offer for marketers and other agencies
Next steps, timings and deliverables
- Discussion and iteration of the final proposal
- defining the details
- Contacting the Decentraland team
- Submission of the final proposal to DCL DAO
- Establishing a decentralized project team (ADSHARES or community?)
- Creating a workspace solution (Discord/ Telegam, others)
- Coding the thing, GitHub etc.
What do you think?